Enrichment Week is a fun, free, and educational experience for more than 500 students from across the Greater New York City area. It consists of three completely corps led initiatives:
- Excitement and imagination come together at Camp City Year—creating memories that are often the highlight of corps members’ and students’ year. Elementary school campers will explore our theme of Time Travel through arts & crafts projects, recreational games, field trips, and a service project! We’ll be traveling through Ancient Egypt, Colonial America, the 1970s, and the future!
- Heroes Summit is a leadership conference for middle school students focused on civic responsibility. Throughout the week students will participate in service learning sessions, hear from local speakers, and perform community service in their neighborhoods.
- High School Leadership Academy aims to empower high school students to make positive decisions as active leaders in their schools and communities. CYNY will bring together 60 students from Sheepshead Bay and Newtown high schools to participate in workshops and service projects. Activities will focus on students’ personal leadership development and college and career readiness skills, such as time management and financial literacy.
You can help make this experience special for our students! Volunteers will assist in facilitating workshops, logistics, and act as team leaders for small groups as they participate in the week’s activities. There are opportunities to support for half a day, a full day, or the entire week with Camps, Summit, and Academy! Enrichment Week will take place in the East Harlem, South Bronx, Long Island City, Queens, and East New York, Brooklyn communities during the mid-winter break on February 21-24. If you’re interested in volunteering, please choose the program you’d like to support and e-mail the coordinator listed below to request an application. Volunteer applications are due Thursday, February 9th.
- CAMP CITY YEAR: Jacquelin Lopez at JLopez2@cityyear.org
- HEROES SUMMIT: Satoya Beckles at SBeckles11@cityyear.org
- HIGH SCHOOL LEADERSHIP ACADEMY: Katie Hahn at KHahn@cityyear.org
Our goal is for everyone to leave Enrichment Week feeling encouraged to take on leadership roles, having a sense of self-worth, and feeling proud of their contributions to their community. This sentiment is what will drive the City Year corps and members of the community to provide powerful service throughout the week. We hope to see you there!