Are you looking to get involved in philanthropy in New York City?
Do you enjoy painting murals and transforming outdoor public spaces throughout the five boroughs?
Did you volunteer at a City Year event and now want to become more involved?
Are you between the ages of 25 and 35-ish?
The Associate Board was founded in September of 2007 and in its first year held a fundraiser that engaged over 150 young professionals and raised $20,000. The board also assisted City Year New York in various trainings and volunteered at the One Harlem service day. In its second year, the Associate Board hopes to strategically grow to around twenty members, with hopes of growing into new sectors and new networks.
• Enthusiasm and knowledge about City Year
• Ability to guide and contribute to the implementation of the strategic growth plan.
• Willingness to contribute or secure financial resources for the organization.
• Willingness to participate and mobilize others to participate in City Year service days, trainings, and other events.
• Each Associate Board Member is asked to give or get a target of $1K per year which will include a meaningful personal contribution and/or the selling of tickets for the Associate Board Fundraiser.
• Contribute to the organizational development and capacity via: In-kind Resources, Talent Development and Trainings, Space, etc.
We hope that Associate Board Members participate in as many meetings/events as their schedule will permit which may include:
• Bi-Monthly Meeting (60 minutes – in person or via phone)
• City Year Events: Opening Day, Graduation, MLK Day, Community Service Day, Team Roundtable
If you are interested in joining the board, or to receive more information on the Associate Board please contact Maris Goodstein