We have an open position and have begun accepting applications! Contact our HR Director Sarah Schulz (sschulz at cityyear.org) for more information.
City Year New York
Individual Giving Manager
About City Year
City Year develops young leaders to inspire, educate, and empower people with the tools to improve their communities. From children in our schools, to community residents, to government and corporate executives, citizens serving alongside City Year create innovative solutions to tackle issues affecting our schools and communities.
Since its founding, City Year has relied on a diverse group of individuals to help us create meaningful social change. Individuals and family foundations have not only lent their financial resources to City Year, but have also leveraged their unique capacities to strengthen communities and the national service movement. In the role of Individual Giving Manager, one of the key responsibilities will be to leverage the resources, talents, and skills of the individual giving base in New York City to build City Year New York and assist in creating change in communities across the city.
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director – Development, the Individual Giving Manager will be responsible successful generation and stewardship of revenue prospects from this sector of giving.
The Primary Responsibilities
– Assist in the implementation of an Individual Giving strategy
– Create Powerful Materials including compelling letters and proposals, dynamic presentations and events customized for the targeted audience.
– Develop and Maintain Relationships: Nurture partnerships with current and prospective individual funders through donor recognition programs, stewardship, including written correspondence, telephone communication and face-to-face cultivation. Secure strong, long-term relationships to ensure continued funding and funder involvement.
– Support Development Department: Flexibly work alongside the City Year New York development department to reinforce the program that trains and enables corps members to interact with and inspire donors.
Skills and Requirements
– 3+ years in sales, fundraising, business development and/or communication.
– Strong writing, and presentation skills required
– Strong partnership-building skills.
– Proven track record of achieving revenue targets.
– Ability to work as a part of a team and independently.
– Ability to learn and participate in the culture of City Year.
– Strong and efficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
– Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
– Ability to work with a group of diverse young people in a fast-paced environment.
– Knowledge of community affairs and the concept of community service.
– Flexibility to work some evenings/weekends based on special event schedule.
– BA/BS required.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Sarah Schulz (sschulz at cityyear.org).