- Corps’ First Day – This past Wednesday the largest corps in the City Year network kicked off their year of
service at M.S. 302 in the SouthBronx. 256 corps members had a front seat to their first Unity Rally as displayed by the Senior Corps, and heard words of inspiration from our Executive Director Itai Dinour and Dean at CY Charlie Rose before breaking off into teams to begin their training. Our corps will be training for the next few weeks preparing to go into schools and communities. Welcome and thank you for joining the City Year family!
- Truancy Training – City Year New York is partnering with Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his Truancy Task Force, Every Student Every Day. This pilot is an intensive truancy reduction initiative in 25 NYC schools – seven of which will be staffed by CY corps members. Due to CY’s track record of having a positive impact on attendance, we were asked to lead trainings for all of the community partners that will be serving in the 25 schools. City Year attendance strategies will be implemented citywide to help students get to school on time and ready to learn.
- Save the Date: Opening Day – We are excited to announce that we will be hosting our Opening Day Ceremony on Friday October 1st at the 92nd Street Y (92nd street and Lexington Ave) at 9:00 am. For more information CLICK HERE and RSVP to Apak10@cityyear.org.
- CYNY Office Campfire Challenge – This week our Ops Team rolled out a new office Campfire System. All of our staff members and our Civic Engagement team will help chip in to make our space clean and inviting for our staff, corps and external guests. Check out the Devo Team making the MLK Space look more beautiful than ever!
- Golf Tournament – Yesterday members of our Development and Communications team visited the Old Oaks Country Club located in Purchase, New York, the site of our 2nd Annual Golf Tournament. This event is scheduled for Monday, September 20th and we still have room for a few more 4-somes. CLICK HERE for more information.