- Application Deadline: There are only 10 days left before our early application deadline. If you know a qualified young person, between the ages of 17-24 please encourage them to apply by November 15th. The earlier you apply, the better your chances are for selection. For more information about applying please click here.
- Waiting For Superman: On Thursday evening, CYNY Executive Director, Itai Dinour was part of a Q&A discussion following a special screening of Waiting for Superman hosted by Jeff Staple, founder of Staple Design and the Reed Space. The discussion also featured Charles Best, Founder and CEO of DonorsChoose. City Year New York was really excited to be a part of the great conversation around supporting education.
- give BIG: The Big Ten Network has introduced a campaign called Give Big that is celebrating alumni from each of the Big Ten schools who are giving back to the community. We are excited to have City Year corps member Meaza Yalew selected to represent her alma mater, Indiana University. Visit out Media Pape to see her story.
- From The Field: “At JHS 13 in East Harlem, we have a student by the name of Malik who has taken a great deal of ownership and leadership in our afterschool dance club. Not only does he learn all the steps with perfect precision, he is also always willing to work with other members of the group that either don’t learn as quickly or have missed club days. He’s a true team player.” John Holbert, Corps Member, JHS 13.
- College and Career Fair: Today at City Year New York, our 254 corps members spent their day thinking about their life after City Year. We hosted a career fair that included representatives from more than 20 organizations. The fair included college and graduate school recruiters, and professionals from our corporate community who led workshops on resume/cover letter writing. Thank you to all of our facilitators and to the members of our Senior Corps who helped plan this great event.