The holidays are approaching, and we here at City Year New York are feeling thankful.
We’re thankful that we have 254 excited corps members serving powerfully in communities all across the different boroughs that make up this beautiful city.
We’re thankful for the leadership and staff that support the corps (both sitewide and across the CY network), and do their utmost to keep them at their core.
We’re thankful for our generous site sponsors and national sponsors who make our work possible.
We’re thankful for the inspiring alumni who keep coming back to give more, even after their year has been given.
And we’re thankful for our supporters who read the blog, subscribe, follow us on Twitter, and show us love in the social media world!
As such, we want to thank you back:
We are giving away one free copy of Alan Khazei’s “Big Citizenship: How Pragmatic Idealism Can Bring Out the Best in America.” Alan is an award-winning social entrepreneur, founder of Be The Change, Inc., and of course, co-founder and former CEO of City Year.
Jim Collins, author of Good to Great, wrote: “Alan Khazei is the walking definition of a Big Citizen. One of the great entrepreneurs in America, he has created not just an idea, not just an organization, not just an impact – he has helped launch an enduring great movement that carries forth with exponential momentum. Read. Learn. Be Inspired.”
We can help you with the “read” part!
Here’s how to enter:
- You will get one entry for leaving a comment on this post.
- You will get one entry for following us on Twitter and letting us know (via a comment on this post, or Tweeting us.)
- You will get one entry for tweeting about this giveaway on your own Twitter accounts!
- You will get one entry for joining our Facebook group.
AND THE MONDO ENTRY-CHANCE…
- You will get THREE entries for tweeting about our first application deadline to join the corps! You can just copy and paste the following: “give a year. change the world. 1st application deadline to join the City Year corps is on Nov. 15th! for more info: http://bit.ly/aylEVD “
So really, you have SEVEN potential chances to win this awesome, inspiring, really-bright-orange book!
Contest ends Sunday, November 14th, midnight, EST. Winner will be chosen at random and announced Monday on this blog.
Again, thank YOU, and spread the good word!
The Comm Team @ City Year New York