1. Alumni Fundraiser: Space is filling up fast for our Inaugural Wine Tasting Event sponsored by the City Year New York Alumni Board. We will be at The Moore Brothers Wine Company on February 16th at 6pm. Please click here to register
4. City Year Impact: We are excited to announce that City Year New York has decided to create a City Year Impact Page on our Website. This page will be created in the coming months to help us share some of the impact that our corps and staff get to experience everyday. Below are two two examples from email that I received this morning about the impact our corps is having.
- Attendance: In September the School-wide attendance rate at PS 345 in East New York Brooklyn was 77%. Since City Year has entered the school we have seen improvements to this initial rate each month with a high of 97% during the month of October.
- Parent Engagement: Principal Seabrook at PS 111 recently informed us that our Winter Wonderland Event earlier this year had the highest parent turnout in the school’s history.
5. Community Meeting: This afternoon is our second zone based community meeting of the year and will be hosted by the South Bronx. Please check out hashtag #CYNYCommMtg on twitter to real-time updates of the Joys and Ripples from today’s event.