- Apply Now: March 23rd, City Year New York will host an Open House. If you are an interested applicant, please join us to learn more about joining City Year and to speak with current corps members and recruitment staff. Please visit our Facebook Event to connect with other applicants who are attending this event.
- Comcast Career Day: Today our National Leadership Sponsor, Comcast, hosted the CYNY corps for a jam packed day of Leadership and Professional Development. Corps member received feedback on their resumes and tips on interviewing from the Comcast HR Team and met members of Comcast Spotlight. Comcast Spotlight members facilitated sessions on Building Personal Brand, Strategic Communication and Leveraging your City Year Experience. We would like to thank everyone at Comcast for sharing their insight and experiences with us, and a special thank you to Barbara Cowan, Sr. Director Talent with Comcast Spotlight, for planning such a beneficial day for our corps.
- New Friends: This week we were excited to have visitors from our newest international site, City Year London. After a trip to the South Bronx to see our service in action, Helena Price and Claire Newman visited our office to share best practices with each department of CYNY. To learn more about our friends across the pond, visit www.cityyear.org.uk
- Happy Birthday: This past Monday was the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps. We are proud to have the Peace Corps as an Official Recruitment Partner of City Year and to work with them to promote service at home and abroad. For more information about our partnership and to learn about the activities the Peace Corps has planned for their 50th Anniversary please visit the National City Year Blog.
- Stay Connected: If you respond to any of the following questions with a “NO!” please click the links and find new ways to get connected to what’s going on at CYNY.