1. LICense to Serve: Last Saturday was our final Community Service Day of the year, with our 5th Annual LICense to Serve at PS 112. All week long we were nervous about the rain, but despite mild mist in the afternoon we stayed dry and were able to complete all of our outdoor projects! We engaged over 250 people – 100 more than our original goal!
We would like to thank everyone who attended and helped make this event a success. We’d also like to give a special thank you to Niamo Muid-Davis, Bishop Mitchell Taylor, Council member Jimmy Van Bramer, and Principal Rafael Campos for speaking in our program, and to jetBlue for providing two pairs of Round-trip tickets as raffle items for our volunteers.
To see photos from this event please CLICK HERE
2. Presenting…the Annual Dinner Recap Video feat. music of Peter Lee Johnson
3. Reception for Family & Friends to follow this year’s CYNY Graduation
After this year’s graduation, join us from 5 to 6 pm for a reception at CYNY’s headquarters, located at:
20 West 22nd Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10010
We look forward to seeing you there!
4. Register for the Alumni & Friends Fundraiser
Want to win 2 round trip Southwest Airlines tickets? Or how about a 32 GB iPod Touch? A MAC make-up set? You can enter for your chance to win these fabulous raffle/silent auction prizes and more at the Alumni & Friends Fundraiser! Click on the Save the Date above to reserve your spot today!
5. Associate Board Fundraiser a Hit!
Last night, the City Year New York Associate Board hosted a fundraiser at Housing Works Bookstore Café for over 120 guests. The event featured cocktails, hors d’ oeuvres and a whole host of exciting raffle and silent auction items, with musical guest, the Greenwich Village Orchestra. Thank you to the Associate Board for their hard work on this event, and a special thank you to the star of the night, Corps Member Zishan Jiwani, who gave an honest and inspiring portrayal of his dedication to service.