Yesterday, at the Old Oaks Country Club, we hosted our 3rd Annual Charity Golf Tournament, where new and longtime supporters of City Year New York put their golf game to the test, for a great cause. In addition to a beautiful day on the course, we honored Terry Hayes, City Year New York Board Member and Vice President of Sales and Distribution at T-Mobile USA. Terry was recognized for his dedication to City Year and his support in making this year’s golf tournament our largest yet.
In case you missed this year’s tournament take a look at how it went down – by the numbers:
- 27: Number of foursomes who played on the course
- 66: Number of the winning foursome’s score
- 17: Number of golfers who “Beat The Pro”
- 1: Number of shots that landed in the “Pot of Gold.” Thank you Dan Bath for donating your winnings back to City Year
- 40: Silent auction items awarded
- 100%: Number of 50/50 raffle winnings donated back to CYNY – thank you to our first place winner, David Menn, who matched his raffle winnings
- $100,000: Number of dollars raised at this year’s tournament, including a pledge from a friend of Terry Hayes that allowed us to meet this goal
We would like to thank the following people for helping us make this year’s tournament a success:
Host Committee: Terry Hayes, Kathryn Biber, David Caplan, Jason Haberman, and Brian Snyder
Event Sponsors: The Garden City Group, Inc. for sponsoring the day and to Bernstein, Litowitz, Berger, & Grossmann LLP for sponsoring our cocktail hour
Hole Sponsors: HTC (5 holes), Hilliard Farber & Co. Inc. (2 holes), and Macquarie Group (1 hole)
And a big thank you to everyone who attended! We are excited to see everyone again, on and off of the course.