1. City Year New York Open House: Join us next Friday for an Open House!
When: Friday, December 16th
Where: 20 West 22nd St., 3rd Floor
Time: 6:30 PM
RSVP: Maria Avilez at email@example.com
Check out the full flyer here: City Year Open House
2. GET SCHOOLED Alumni Board Fundraiser: On Tuesday, the City Year New York Alumni Board sponsored a fundraiser in support of City Year New York. Over 60 alumni and friends joined us to “GET SCHOOLED” at Professor Thom’s and joined in a game of “Are You Smarter Than a CY Staffer”. Check out the blog recap here with pictures from the event. A big thank you to Professor Thom’s, Annie Kessler for being our “CY Staffer” and the Alumni Board for planning such a great event!
3. ALUMNI SPOTLIGHT: Adrienne Antonio is fresh out of last year’s corps and we’re proud to announce that she’s continuing with City Year as a Senior Corps Member on the City Year Sacramento Start Up Team. Adrienne Antonio was born and raised in Delano, California. She served with City Year New York in 2010-2011. “Ms. Ant,” as she was referred to at PS 83 in East Harlem, held the After School Coordinator role and was an Arts Manager for Camp City Year. Adrienne is a graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara with a B.A. in Sociology. She is an alumna of Delta Delta Delta Sorority and was a member of the UCSB Dance Team for three years. She believes her passion for teaching and working with children stems from the years of being a dance teacher at her local dance studio. In her spare time, Adrienne tries to take dance classes, enjoys reading and trying new food. Best of Luck, Adrienne!
4. National Grid Service Day: Yesterday we held our 3rd Annual National Grid and City Year service day. This day was unique because instead of bringing the volunteers to the service, we brought the service to their office! With over 40 National Grid volunteers contributing their time and effort in the National Grid Cafeteria, we were able to build 8 bookshelves, paint 10 panel murals, and make 36 teacher appreciation bags for the teachers at PS 213 – the school that they sponsor. National Grid volunteers demonstrated that it only takes a few people to make a great impact… without even leaving the office! Yesterday’s event is a reflection of National Grid’s passion for community service. Click HERE to check out photos from the day!
5. 12 Days of Service: If you haven’t already checked out the 12 Days of Service Facebook photo project we rolled out last week, you’re missing out! We’re hoping to spread some holiday cheer by giving you glance into the 22 schools we serve in!