Basic Training Academy at City Year New York begins on Monday, and we couldn’t be more excited to welcome the incoming corps and kick off a powerful year of service! I asked five members of our Senior Corps to tell me what they are most excited for on the first day of BTA! Today’s Five Things Friday is dedicated to their responses.
1) Shipra Panicker, Team Leader, PS 171
I am most excited to host the new corps at my school for the first few weeks of training!
2) Brett McGinnis, Team Leader, Newtown High School
I am most excited about the opening ceremony! It will be the incoming corps’ first exposure to PT and our culture. I can’t wait to watch their excitement!
3) Erin Gold, Corps Learning and Development Project Leader
I am most excited to meet the awesome corps and see all of our hard work this summer finally being put into action!
4) Jill Leahy, Team Leader, PS 345
I am most excited to meet all the incredible incoming corps members! Let BTA begin!
5) David Mendler, Impact Project Leader
I am most looking forward to showing the corps the impact that we can make with our students this year!