On Friday, October 5th at 2pm we are excited to host Dan Gallagher for a discussion on his recently released book The Self-Aware Leader. The Self-Aware Leader is a unique approach on how to become a more effective leader by increasing self-awareness.
Dan Gallagher has been a long-time supporter of City Year, helping to train our corps and staff through his work at Comcast, where he is the Vice President of Training and Development. For more information please click here. Space is limited – please RSVP to Charlie Fick at email@example.com.
All attendees will be eligible for a buy one get one free offer on his book (so bring a friend!) and all proceeds will be donated to City Year.
Specific topics discussed in The Self-Aware Leader include:
- Defining and identifying self-awareness in the context of contemporary management
- Specific lessons on how to become a self-aware leader
- Applying your self-awareness to the task of day-to-day management
- Thinking like a general manager to yield benefits for you and your organization
- How to put these lessons together by “connecting the dots” to boost innovation and success
About the book
The Self-Aware Leader is a unique approach on how to become a more effective leader by increasing self-awareness in four pillars of leadership. By integrating the concepts of reinvention, servant leadership, and business transformation into a single framework that has been validated in research, The Self-Aware Leader emphasizes taking a calculated approach to change rather than merely reacting to change. This book offers two key takeaways; (1) a new mental framework on leadership more appropriate for today s business conditions; and (2) a functional, practical plan for putting the newly learned concepts presented into daily practice.